AwesomeShip – Package Tracking Made Easy
AwesomeShip a trio of entrepreneurial guys who came up with an idea how to help online retailers improve their customers’ satisfaction became winners of the First Startup Weekend Hong Kong. Online shopping became extremely popular activity, so AwesomeShip found a niche in this emerging market. So, the concept of AwesomeShip is very simple: it tracks package, no matter what courier is used, and notifies customers about its status via SMS, Twitter, e-mail or other preferred way. No tracking number, no tracking website, all updates via most used social communication channels, and FREE of charge.
While the idea is simple, the prize is amazing! AwesomeShip won “just that Startup needs” package:
1) A table at Launch Pad at the Launch Conference (San Francisco) to meet top investors in Silicon Valley in March 2012 (This includes a flight for 2 team members)
2) A place at the DEMO Asia Startup Pavilion (Singapore) in February 2012
3) 40 hours of web design from BTrax
4) 40 hours of engineering time from Originate
5) $5,000 in Legal Services from Cooley, LLP
6) PR launch package
7) Meetings with Brad Feld, Managing Director of the Foundry Group, and Andy Sack, Director of TechStars Seattle and Managing Partner of Founders Co-op
8) A day at Google in the San Francisco Bay area
9) A blog post and newsletter promotion from Startup Weekend
10) One full year of bragging rights as the winner of the largest startup competition in the world!
The lesson learned: put a customer at the heart of your business & find your niche.